Royal Pacific – best hotel in Orlando? Yes, according to our visitors.
Not only does it have a high standard of quality and a nice atmosphere, Royal Pacific is also the smart choice to get your hands on (the often high-priced) express passes to the Universal parks for free.
That is why the flagship of the Universal hotels is the most booked hotel in Florida!
FloridaUSAguide rarely devotes a full page to a a single hotel. There are exceptions though. The Royal Pacific is the first one, due to the huge interest among our readers, plus our own experience.
Including the new Surfside Inn and Dockside Inn, which are currently under construction, Universal has eight hotels in Orlando. The Universal Loew’s Royal Pacific Resort will always be the best of them.
A summary of advantages at Royal Pacific:
- Free Unlimited Express pass. A sought after bonus that can, under certain circumstances, result in your stay in the hotel being “for free”. The Unlimited Express pass is significantly better than the standard pass.
- Excellent location. A few hundred meters to the entrances to both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. That’s walking distance or you can catch the free taxi boat.
- Close to City Walk, about 10 minutes walk.
- Quiet setting and nice atmosphere. A big hotel, but one does not notice that there are about 1,000 rooms.
- Fantastic pool area. Sandy beaches and shady environment in an Asia-inspired environment.
- Several restaurants as well as entertainment and “character dining”.
READ MORE: Express pass – all you need to know
A positive change since we first discovered the benefits of free express passes at selected Universal hotels, is the fact that now the rides at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter are included as well.
The Portofino Bay and Hard Rock Hotel have the same ticket benefits as The Royal Pacific. In fact, Universal names Portofino as their flagship. We do not agree.
Extra day in the park with a Royal Pacific booking
So with the Royal Pacific booked and the park ticket from the Official Ticket Center in hand, the only thing left to do is enjoy your Universal adventure.
Gunnar Hedqwist, our CEO, who often stays at the hotel tells us the benefits that apply:
- A room with a king-size bed, you get three express passes.
- A room with two queen beds, you get five express passes.
- The express pass applies to both the check-in and check-out date.
- If you check-in early, you will be handed your Express passes (but not the key to the room). Check in is available from 7am. If you do that, you will still have time to eat breakfast and still be at the park an hour before the official opening time, at which time you will be allowed in with your Unlimited Express pass.
- On the day of check-out, you let the hotel take care of your luggage while you are in the parks.
- You get priority seating in some restaurants inside the parks. Check details at the front desk.
- You can park your car in the hotel garage.
- And finally: If you have booked two nights, you will of course receive Express passes for three days.
Search among Orlando activities, book from homeClick on an activity above. Then choose category to find easier. It is possible to add desired date.
All content on this page and other parts of FloridaUSAguide is based on information from the Scandinavian online publication Florida.nu, established in Clearwater Beach, Florida, 2006.