Universals Express Pass does not have the slightest resemblance to Disney’s Fast pass.
Here, it is simply a matter of an extra ticket for significantly shorter queues, so-called Express Pass lines.
Unlike at Disney, you pay for these tickets. And they dont come cheap. Therefore, follow our advice to, at best, avoid paying hundreds of dollars.
How to buy entrance ticket to Universal:
Order the Universal tickets online at the Official Ticket Center. You do not have to decide the day, the ticket is valid for one year. The price at the Official Ticket Center includes local taxes and administration fees, and Orlando’s most recommended ticket agent is almost always cheaper than at the park gates.
Unlike Disney World, where we think it’s enough with one day in each park, Universal is a two-day adventure where you need a park-to-park ticket
In addition, a park-to-park ticket is recommended, ie both parks both days. We usually talk about the “2 x 2 rule”. Consequently, you should if you choose to just visit one day also book “park-to-park”. The explanation is simple: you do not want to miss the whole of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter that stretches across both parks.
Do not buy Express Pass in advance!
You can book express pass online or at the entrance, but we only recommend this if you are hundred percent sure the parks are considered “extremely busy”. Be cool and wait until you see how the situation is in the parks. You can buy the ticket in a kiosk or in a gift shop if the normal queues feel too long.
Prices for Express Pass:
- Limited Express Pass is the cheapest variant, $65-$120 for one park, and that ticket limits you to one attraction once.
- Unlimited Express Pass, price example for both parks $100-$160, gives you unlimited possibilities.
In addition, the price depends on the season and the expected number of visitors the current day.
Save money – stay at the right hotel!
Now the smart choice that gives the Universal visitor a completely free express pass. It is about the three major hotels, the original Universal hotels, adjacent to the parks.
Book one night, get express passes for the whole family for two days.
High season and lots of visitors in the parks. For a family of four people, the extra ticket cost for two days can be almost $ 1,300. Compare what the hotel room costs and the math becomes quite simple.
READ MORE: Stay “for free” at Royal Pacific
Finally, some wise words from Gunnar Hedqwist, CEO of FloridaUSAguide, and a diligent visitor to Universal Parks:
“You’ve traveled to Florida, spent a lot of money on flights, car hire and hotels, so do not be cheap when buying tickets. The result can be a bad experience with way too much time in lines”.
Gunnar also wants to emphasize the importance of park-to-park tickets:
“To have access to the entire Harry Potter adventure, you should buy park-to-park tickets. If you do not, you can not use Hogwarts Express, the train that goes between the two parks and that is an important part of the Harry Potter experience”.
Express Pass rides
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
- Hogwarts Express
- Hogwarts Express: King’s Cross Station
- Transformers: The Ride-3D
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
- Revenge of the Mummy
- The Simpsons Ride
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
- Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster
- Shrek 4-D
- Men In Black Alien Attack
- E T Adventure
- Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl
- A Day in the Park with Barney
- Terminator 2: 3-D
- Universal Orlando’s Horror Make-Up Show
- Fear Factor Live
- Animal Actors On Location!
Express Pass rides
Islands of Adventure:
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster
- Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges
- Jurassic Park River Adventure
- Dragon Challenge
- Hogwarts Express
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- Hogwarts Express: Hogsmeade Station
- The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
- Skull Island: Reign of Kong
- The Cat in the Hat
- Flight of the Hippogriff
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
- Storm Force Accelatron
- Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls
- Doctor Doom’s Fearfall
- The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad
- Poseidon’s Fury
Search among Orlando activities, book from homeClick on an activity above. Then choose category to find easier. It is possible to add desired date.
All content on this page and other parts of FloridaUSAguide is based on information from the Scandinavian online publication Florida.nu, established in Clearwater Beach, Florida, 2006.